11 March 2011

Can't stop looking at . . .

Each week, I'll be sharing with you something that has caught my eye. It may be a picture, blog, product or website.

Yesterday I stumbled upon this beautiful quilt featured here on The Purl Bee:


The talented people over at Purl Bee, made this quilt with appliquéd samples from the gorgeous Liberty of London Tana Lawn collection.

The possibilities are endless for a project like this - you could adapt it to your own room's colour scheme, or perhaps choose patterns suitable for a child. Although I guess any shape would work well, I really like the use of circles here - the patterns are really set off by the fact they are seemingly floating on the light background fabric, and what a great way to use up scraps of fabric.

A quilt like this would make a fantastic gift - it's the stuff of family heirlooms, and it's really inspired me to try my hand at quilting.

2 comments:

Bristol Parenting Cafe said...

Hi Rebecca, I just came over from Tea for Joy and this caught my eye because I'm not far from you in Bristol and I've just made Liberty Print bean bags which I thought you might like them too. Off to read the rest of your blog...

beautiful square feet said...

Hi C - thanks so much for taking a look and I hope you enjoyed the rest of what you read. Just saw your beanbags - so pretty! I love the idea of giving them away as gifts too! Will definitely be returning to read the rest of yours too - looks like you'll have a lot of ideas I can use with Torin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...